Hampton Court Opening Times, Location, Getting There, Visitor Tips
Visit Hampton Court Palace to learn all about the adventurous tales of Henry VIII. Built in the 16th-century, the Hampton Court Palace not only served as the residence of King Henry, and the subsequent monarchy, but it stands as the symbol of one of the most important epochs in England, i.e. the Tudor dynasty. Plan your upcoming visit to Hampton Court Palace including Hampton Court opening times, map, directions and lots more for a magical experience.
Hampton Court Palace Opening Times
- The Hampton Court Palace opening times are as follows:
9 June - 18 July, Wednesday to Sunday - 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Last time slot at 3:30 PM
Last admission at 4 PM
- From 19 July, Daily - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Last time slot at 3:30 PM
Last Admission 4 PM
When is Hampton Court Palace closed?
Hampton Court Palace is open all year round however on certain occasions the gardens and park may be closed to host special events.
Are there any spaces in Hampton Court Palace that are currently closed?
In light of COVID-19 regulations, certain spaces within the Hampton Court Palace have been temporarily closed until further notice. These include:
- Wine Cellar, Privy Kitchen Café, Chapel Court
- Horn Room, Guard Robe, Pages Chamber, Council Chamber
- William III's Private Rooms
- Cartoon Gallery, Cumberland Art Gallery and Prince of Wales Lobby
- Mantegna Gallery
- Little Banqueting House and The Great Vine
- Chapel Royal (changed opening times)
- The Maze
How long should I spend at Hampton Court Palace?
When visiting Hampton Court, it is highly recommended to spend at least 3 hours covering the palace highlights.
What is the best time to visit Hampton Court Palace?
The best time to visit Hampton Court Palace is in the morning during weekdays, as there is a relatively lesser crowd.
Learn all about the Hampton Court Palace history to make the most of your experience.
Hampton Court Palace Location
Hampton Court Palace Address
Address: Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, United Kingdom
Hampton Court Palace is situated in the London Borough of Richmond upon the Thames, 12 miles southwest and upstream of London on the River Thames.
Getting to Hampton Court from London
Hampton Court Palace Events
There are frequent events at Hampton Court Palace. Explore what’s on for 2021 below:
- Gold and Glory: Henry VIII and the French King Exhibition - 20 May to 5 September. Included in palace admission
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival - 6 - 11 July. Separate ticket (advance booking required)
- The Luna Cinema at Hampton Court Palace - 22 - 25 July. Separate ticket (advance booking required)
- Hampton Court Palace Festival - 13 - 24 August. Separate ticket (advance booking required)
- Hampton Court Palace Food Festival - 28 - 30 August. Included in palace admission
- Concours of Elegance - 3 - 5 September. Separate ticket (advance booking required)
Hampton Court Visiting Essentials
Hampton Court Palace Map
Download the Hampton Court Map to easily navigate around the palace. It is highly recommended to download this Hampton Court Palace Map as it will be handy if you’re doing a self-guided/audio tour of the Palace.
Hampton Court Facilities
- WiFi - Free WiFi access is available for visitors to use.
- Toilets - Toilets are available at various points across Hampton Court
- Baby Changing Rooms- Baby changing facilities are available in Magic Garden
- Buggies & Pushchairs - If you’re visiting Hampton Court with your little ones, you may take the pushchairs and buggies around the garden
- Photography & Filming - Visitors are welcome to take non-commercial photographs and films
Hampton Court Palace Accessibility
- Parking - There are 9 allocated parking bays available. Parking is free for Blue Badge Holder.
- Toilets - All toilets have disabled access
- Audio Guides - Audio guides for blind or partially blinded are available at William III’s Apartments and Tudor Kitchens
- Guide Dogs - Guide dogs are welcome to the place. Ensure they wear a designated jacket or a lead slip
- Getting Around - Visitors can avail wheelchairs and electric buggies.
Hampton Court Restaurants
Visitors can choose from the following dining options:
- The Tiltyard Cafe - Serves sandwiches, soups, salads, hot coffee and lots more.
- The Wilderness - Popular for its snacks and freshly brewed coffee.
- The Privy Kitchen Cafe - Serves everything from hot drinks to sweet treats
- The Fountain Court Cafe - Enjoy lunches, afternoon teas and refreshments.
Hampton Court Shop
Hampton Court offers a wide range of options for visitors to shop gifts and souvenirs. These include:
- Undercroft Shop - This shop has a huge collection of souvenirs, jewellery, gifts, toys and books
- Palace Shop - Located opposite the Ticket Office, visitors can purchase souvenirs, jewellery, gifts, toys and books
- Shop Online - Now you can shop from home your favourite Hampton Court souvenir.
Tips for Visiting Hampton Court Palace
- Since Hampton Court Palace is a popular tourist destination, it is advisable to visit early to avoid the afternoon crowds.
- The best way to get your hands on tickets and avoid long queues is to book online. This way you can enter for the date and time that you booked for without any hassle.
- Parking can be competitive and a hassle for car owners especially during the busy season, so it is best to park at a nearby location like Hampton Court Green or simply to take the bus to Hampton.
- Stay on the ground to witness one of the many historical reenactments that take place to bring visitors ever closer to the vast history of the land.
- Your ticket is all you need to access the wonderful activities available at Hampton Court such as Garden History tours, family trails, children trails, and more.
- Hampton Court caters to all visitors and they offer British Sign Language tours, escorted visits, sensory experiences for people living with dementia, and proper measures of accessibility for disabled visitors.
- There are open-air/indoor restaurants and cafes on-site such as Tiltyard Café, Privy Kitchen Café, Fountain Court Café, where you can enjoy anything from salads, sandwiches, and lunches to cake and coffee.
Things to Do Near Hampton Court Palace
Plan Your Visit to Hampton Court Palace: FAQs
A. The Hampton Court Palace opening times are as follows:
Daily - 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Last time slot at 3:30 PM
Last Admission 4 PM
From 9 June to 18 July the Palace is only operating from Wednesday to Sunday.
A. Hampton Court Palace Address: Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, United Kingdom. Hampton Court Palace is situated in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, 12 miles south west and upstream of London on the River Thames.
A. Yes, Hampton Court Palace parking facility is available at Hampton Court Green for £1.60 ( 500 m away) for £1.50 per hour.
A. The easiest way to visit the Hampton Court Palace is by opting for bus or train service
A. The best time to visit Hampton Court Palace is in the morning as there is a relatively lesser crowd. Weekdays are advised over weekends to avoid overcrowding at the palace
A. Yes, there is a public riverboat service that runs from Westminster, Richmond-upon-Thames, and Kingston. If you have a private boat, you can dock it at Privy Garden and Kingston Bridge.
A. For history buffs, for visitors and lovers of horticulture, for travelers with a discerning sense of place and time, yes, Hampton Court Palace is worth a visit, where else will you find access to the lives and times of a 500-year old dynasty?
A. Although it is not possible to stay inside the palace, visitors can stay at The Georgian House which served as the Kitchens for George.